Skip to main content

OFFICIAL: Former Man United full-back Patrice Evra signs contract with West Ham

West Ham have completed the signing of former Manchester United full-back Patrice Evra.
West Ham United are pleased to confirm the signing of the vastly-experienced Patrice Evra on a short-term contract.
Capped 81 times by France, the charismatic Evra has won seven league titles and the UEFA Champions League during an illustrious career with AS Monaco, Manchester United and Juventus.
Evra, who joins the Hammers on a contract until the end of June 2018 and will wear the No27 shirt, worked with Hammers manager David Moyes during his time at Old Trafford, and is looking forward to linking up with his old boss and returning to the Premier League.
“I’m really happy to be a Hammer, to be back in the Premier League and I love this game!” said the dynamic left-back, using the catchphrase he has made famous on his hugely popular Instagram channel.
“It’s amazing to be back and I am thankful to West Ham for giving me the opportunity to do my job. When I wake up and know I am going to work hard, to have fun with my teammates and give my best on the pitch, I want to say a massive thanks to West Ham, to the Chairman, to the manager to all my teammates, who have given me a nice welcome, my agent and my brother.
“I’m just happy to be here, it’s really simple. You don’t realise how lucky you are and just to wake up this morning and know I am going to train with my new teammates made me smile!”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Ronaldo was the best player, no doubts' - Portugal star's FIFA snub surprises Santos

The Juventus forward's national team coach has spoken out over the decision to overlook his captain for Best Player and Best Goal Cristiano Ronaldo was the victim of a double injustice at the Best FIFA Football Awards, according to Portugal coach Fernando Santos, after he missed out on both Best Player and Best Goal. Luka Modric became the first player other than Ronaldo or Lionel Messi to win the Best FIFA Footballer of the Year award since Kaka in 2007. The Croatian captained his side to their first ever World Cup final and was voted the tournament’s best player, picking up the Golden Ball. But Santos has spoken out at the decision to give the midfielder the Player of the Year honour over Ronaldo, suggesting his captain and talisman was unfairly beaten into second place. He is quoted in Marca as saying: “If you ask me if Modric is a great player, I answer yes, and that’s why I voted for Modric in second place. Now, if you ask me who is the be...

Nemanja Matic exclusive: Man Utd must win almost every game but title race isn't over

Nemanja Matic refuses to write off Manchester United's chances in the title race Nemanja Matic says Manchester United are not out of the title race, but admits they must win almost every game for the rest of the season to catch Manchester City. Man Utd's 2-1 defeat by rivals City on Sunday left them 11 points behind the Premier League leaders with just 16 games played. Many have been writing City's rivals off, such is the dominance of Pep Guardiola's unbeaten side, but Matic says there is a long way to go yet. W Brom vs Man Utd He told Soccer Saturday : "The gap is big, obviously 11 points is a lot, but the league is not finished. I'm sure there will be very interesting games until the end, and of course that they will drop some points. We will see what will happen. "As I say there are still many games to play and I th...

Zidane has decided to sell Isco (AS)

The French coach has been disappointed by the player and has decided that if he is to remain at the Bernabeu next season, then Isco is to be sold. Late night Spanish football television show 'El Chiringuito' have reported that if Zidane remains at the Bernabeu next season, one of the French coach priorities will be to sell Isco Alarcon. Journalist Josep Pedrerol maintains that Zidane feels disappointed with the Benalmadena born player after depositing his fail in the creative midfielder following the departure of Colombian international James Rodríguez to Bundesliga side Bayern Munich. Favouritism "Isco was deemed as to more of a pivotal player than Colombian but has had a discreet and underwhelming season so far" claimed Pedrerol, after Zidane asked Florentino Pérez to offload James as he preferred to have Isco in his first-team squad. He continued: "Zidane is ahuge admirer of Isco's style of play and wh...